terça-feira, 20 de fevereiro de 2007

Ut pictura poesis - o depoimento de O'Hara



Why I am not a Painter


I am not a painter, I am a poet.
Why? I think I would rather be
a painter, but I am not. Well,

for instance, Mike Goldberg

is starting a painting. I drop in.
"Sit down and have a drink" be
says. I drink; we drink. I look
up. "You have SARDINES in it."
"Yes, it needed something there."

"Oh." I go and the days go by

and I drop in again. The painting
is going on, and I go, and the days
go by. I drop in. The painting is
finished. "Where's SARDINES?"
All that's left is just
letters, "It was too much," Mike says.

But me? One day I am thinking of

a color: orange. I write a line
about orange. Pretty soon it is a
whole page of words, not lines.
Then another page. There should be
so much more, not of orange, of words, of
how terrible orange is
and life. Days go by. It is even in
prose, I am a real poet. My poem
is finished and I haven't mentioned
orange yet. It's twelve poems, I call
it ORANCES. And one day in a gallery
I see Mike's painting, called SARDINES.

Frank O'Hara


Porque não sou pintor


Não sou pintor, sou poeta.
Por quê? Acho que seria melhor
pintor. Mas não sou. Bem,

por exemplo, Mike Goldberg
começando uma tela. Entrei.
“Sente-se, beba algo”, dis-
se. Bebi. Bebemos. Passei
o olho. “Você pôs SARDINHAS”.
“É, precisava preencher ali”.

“Ah”. Saí e os dias saíram
e entrei de novo. A tela
seguia, eu seguia, os dias
seguiam. Entrei. O quadro
estava pronto. “E as SARDINHAS?”
Tudo que restou foram só
letras, “Estavam sobrando”, disse Mike.

Mas eu? Um dia tava pensando
Numa cor: laranja. Logo, logo havia
toda uma página de palavras, não linhas.
E logo outra página. Deveria haver inda
muito mais, não de laranjas, de
palavras, de o quanto terríveis são laranja
e vida. Seguem os dias. Era chato em
prosa, sou mesmo poeta. Meu poema
está pronto e inda nem mencionei
laranja. São doze poemas. Chamei-
os ORANCES. E um dia, numa galeria
vejo o quadro de Mike, chamado SARDINHAS.



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário